Mental Health Law
Our solicitors advise people who are detained under the Mental Health Act 1983, represent clients at Mental Health Tribunal hearings and Hospital Managers’ meetings.
AGI Criminal Solicitors holds a contract with the Legal Aid Agency to provide Mental Health law services across Northern England.
Our Mental Health Solicitors are experts in all areas of Mental Health law, including but not limited to the following:
• Mental Health Tribunals.
• Hospital managers appeals.
• Community treatment orders.
• 117 (pre-discharge) and CPA meetings.
• Applications to the Court of Protection.
• Compulsory treatment and lawfulness of detention.
• Nearest relative displacement proceedings.
• Nearest relative discharge applications.
• Voluntary admissions.
• Forensic admissions.
• Consent to treatment.
• Post treatment aftercare.
Our Mental Health Solicitors work closely with our other departments to assist clients whose legal requirements do not fall into one area of law.
Our Mental Health law team comprises of Solicitors accredited under the Law Society’s Mental Health Law accreditation scheme and therefore follows the Code of Practice for Mental Health.
FUNDING – Legal Aid is available*